Meet the Team!
Our team members have:
- Strong math or science backgrounds and interests
- Experience working with youth of all ages
- Proven leaders who have today’s critical business skills
- Compassion, empathy, creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, and emotional intelligence
- High energy and passion to help students engage in math
- A good sense of humor, common student interests, and growth mindset
- Math education faculty and professional development trainer
- Leader of Simplify’s team
Hobbies: music, exercise, and watching softball, football, and lacrosse
My middle school math student who was failing algebra called me many years later to tell me she was minoring in math!
When I saw my rising sixth-grader derive the formula for the area of a trapezoid all by herself!
- Applies mathematics in Bluetooth technologies, financial analysis, and healthcare systems
- Specializes in physics, high school math, and SAT and ACT prep
When I get to share how studying sequences helps students understand the traffic flow of a city grid.
When my student runs up to me, excited to do math.
When I didn’t think I could do math, but then realized I can. Now I want all students to know they can, too.
- Youth camp experience focused on access and equity
- Leadership and management experience
- Specializes in middle school and high school mathematics, working with athletes, and SAT and ACT prep
I was the student who didn’t like math. Now, my favorite moments are when I see its beauty and want to share it.